Federal Financial Assistance, Work Opportunities

Federal Financial Assistance

WSU’s Office of Financial Aid helps graduate students secure federal and state financial aid on the basis of qualification.

The first step in applying for federal aid is to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (http:\\fafsa.ed.gov) and to request the results be sent to the Wichita State University Office of Financial Aid. If financial aid is required, the Graduate School strongly recommends that the completed application for admission to Graduate School is received in the Graduate School by February 1 for the following fall semester. Graduate students admitted on probation or placed on academic probation following admission are not eligible for federal financial aid. Students admitted with conditions are also not eligible for federal financial aid.

Students must be enrolled in at least half-time status to qualify for federal aid. Half-time status for graduate students is defined as 5 credit hours for the fall or spring semesters, and 3 credit hours for the summer session. For additional information, visit the financial aid website (http://wichita.edu/financialaid).

Additional information about financial aid policies is available at http://wichita.edu/finaidpolicy.

Work Opportunities

Many graduate students participate in the university’s Cooperative Education and Work-Based Learning Program. In this program, students work at the local, state or national level in well-paying jobs that complement their academic fields of study. Students earn academic credit while learning degree-related skills and earning money to support their graduate studies. Students must have departmental permission to participate.