BAED - French (PreK-12)
General requirements for a Bachelor's degree: 120 minimum credit hours; overall GPA 2.500; major content GPA 2.500.
|Requirements for a Major: 30 credit hours beyond the FREN 210 level|
|FREN 223||Intermediate French Readings I 1||3|
|FREN 300||Intermediate French Readings II||3|
|FREN 324||Intermediate Conversation and Composition||3|
|MCLL 351||Linguistics and Foreign Languages||3|
|FREN 505||Advanced French Phonetics||3|
|FREN 525||Advanced French Conversation||3|
|FREN 526||Advanced French Composition and Grammar||3|
|FREN 552||Contemporary French Civilization||3|
|Choose two or three of the following courses for a minimum of 6 credit hours||6|
|Seminar In French|
|Medieval French Literature|
|Renaissance French Literature|
|17th Century French Literature|
|18th Century French Literature|
|19th Century French Literature|
|20th Century French Literature|
|Contemporary French Literature|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
|CI 270||Introduction to the Education Profession 2||3|
|Core I - Fall Only|
|CESP 334||Introduction to Diversity: Human Growth and Development 4||3|
|CI 320||Introduction to Diversity: Exceptionalities||2|
|CI 321||Introduction to Diversity: Cultural Issues||2|
|CI 325||Instructional Strategies, Assessment and Management: Middle/Secondary General Methods 2||1|
|CI 315||Core I Practicum 2||1|
|Core II - Spring Only|
|CESP 433||Learning Assessment and Evaluation Theory: Evidence-Based Instruction 3||3|
|CI 425E||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods I - English 2||2|
|CI 426E||Core II Practicum - English/Language Arts 2||1|
|CI 427||Philosophy, History and Ethics of Education||3|
|Core III - Concurrent Enrollment - Fall Only|
|MCLL 411F||Preteaching Internship PreK-6 2||1|
|MCLL 413F||Preteaching Internship 6-12 2||1|
|MCLL 454F||ISAM: PreK-12 World Languages 2||3|
|CI 417||Instructional Strategies, Assessment and Management: Literacy Strategies in the Content Areas 2||2|
|Core IV - Teaching Internship - Spring Only|
|MCLL 466||Teaching Internship PreK-12 in World Languages 2||12|
|MCLL 455F||Teaching Internship Seminar in World Languages 2||1|
|ACTFL Advisory Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) - Advanced Low level or higher|
|Praxis Content Knowledge Test|
|Total Credit Hours||41|
B- or better.
If preferred, this class can be taken with Core III.
General education course
|Additional College Requirements - counted as General Education|
|PSY 111||General Psychology||3|
|STAT 370||Elementary Statistics||3|
|Total Credit Hours||6|
|Choose 13 credit hours (to complete 120 hours)||13|
|Total Credit Hours||13|
Students are required to complete an applied learning or research experience to graduate from programs in curriculum and instruction. The requirements can be met by the following:
Students who graduate from an undergraduate program must experience at least 600 hours of field experience/internship in various classroom settings throughout their specific program. In addition, all initial licensure students must complete the Kansas Performance Teaching Portfolio, which is an action research requirement for licensure.
Official Program Transition Point Requirements:
- Admission into teacher education - completed application packet and meet all admission to teacher education requirements as specified in College of Education - Policies.
- Admission to teacher internship:
- Satisfactory accomplishment of content-area, standard-driven assessments,
- B- or better in all methods, practicum and internship courses.
- 2.500 GPA (overall, WSU and content), and
- Completed teacher intern application.
- Exit from teacher internship:
- B- or better in all professional courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU),
- Successful completion of all degree requirements,
- Final university supervisor evaluation form.
- Degree completion:
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU), and
- Meets all degree requirements.
- Licensure recommendation:
- Passes common assessments,
- Passing score on Kansas Performance Teaching Portfolio,
- PLT passed,
- Praxis II content test(s) passed, and
- Licensure application.
Candidates completing this program are eligible to be certified to teach French — grades PreK –12.