General requirements for Bachelor's degree: 124 minimum credit hours; overall GPA 2.500; major content GPA 2.500.
|STAT 370||Elementary Statistics 1||3|
|MATH 121||Geometry for College Students (offered summer only) 1||3|
|MATH 123||College Trigonometry 1||3|
|MATH 144||Business Calculus 1||3|
|MATH 300||Evolution of Mathematics (offered summer only)||3|
|MATH 501||Elementary Mathematics 1||5|
|MATH 502||Mathematics for Middle School Teachers (offered fall only)||5|
|Total Credit Hours||30-31|
|CI 270||Introduction to the Education Profession 2||3|
|CESP 334||Introduction to Diversity: Human Growth and Development||2|
|CI 320||Introduction to Diversity: Exceptionalities||2|
|CI 321||Introduction to Diversity: Cultural Issues||2|
|CI 325||Instructional Strategies, Assessment and Management: Middle/Secondary General Methods||1|
|CI 315||Core I Practicum||1|
|CESP 433||Learning Assessment and Evaluation Theory: Evidence-Based Instruction 3||3|
|CI 425M||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods I - Mathematics||2|
|CI 426M||Core II Practicum - Mathematics||1|
|CI 427||Philosophy, History and Ethics of Education||3|
|CI 412M||Teaching Internship I: Middle Level Mathematics||2|
|CI 417||Instructional Strategies, Assessment and Management: Literacy Strategies in the Content Areas||2|
|CI 435M||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods II - Mathematics||3|
|CI 436M||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods III - Mathematics||2|
|CI 461M||Teaching Internship II: Middle Level Mathematics||10|
|Total Credit Hours||39|
|PSY 111||General Psychology||3|
|ENGL 315||Introduction to English Linguistics||3|
|or LING 315|| Introduction to English Linguistics|
|or ANTH 352|| Anthropological Linguistics|
|Total Credit Hours||6|
|Total Credit Hours||16|
Official Program Transition Point Requirements:
- Admission into teacher education - completed application packet and meet all admission to teacher education requirements as specified in College of Education - Policies.
- Admission to teacher internship:
- Satisfactory accomplishment of content-area, standard-driven assessments,
- B- or better in all professional teacher education courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall, WSU and content), and
- Completed teacher intern application.
- Exit from teacher internship:
- B- or better in all professional courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU),
- Successful completion of all degree requirements,
- Final university supervisor evaluation form.
- Degree completion:
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU), and
- Meets all degree requirements.
- Licensure recommendation:
- Passes common assessments,
- Passing score on Kansas Performance Teaching Portfolio,
- PLT passed,
- Praxis II content test(s) passed, and
- Licensure application.
Candidates completing this program are eligible to be certified to teach mathematics — grades 5–8.