General requirements for Bachelor's degree: 124 minimum credit hours; overall GPA 2.500; major content GPA 2.500.
|BIOL 210||General Biology I 1||4|
|PHYS 395||Solar System Astronomy 1||3|
|BIOL 211||General Biology II||4|
|CHEM 103||Introductory Chemistry||5|
|GEOL 102||Earth Science and the Environment||4|
|PHYS 111||Introductory Physics||4|
|PHYS 502||Science Investigations: Physics||5|
|CI 505||Science Technology & Society||1|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
|CI 270||Introduction to the Education Profession 2||3|
|CESP 334||Introduction to Diversity: Human Growth and Development||2|
|CI 320||Introduction to Diversity: Exceptionalities||2|
|CI 321||Introduction to Diversity: Cultural Issues||2|
|CI 325||Instructional Strategies, Assessment and Management: Middle/Secondary General Methods||1|
|CI 315||Core I Practicum||1|
|CESP 433||Learning Assessment and Evaluation Theory: Evidence-Based Instruction 3||3|
|CI 425S||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods I - Sciences||2|
|CI 426S||Core II Practicum - Science||1|
|CI 427||Philosophy, History and Ethics of Education||3|
|CI 412S||Teaching Internship I: Middle Level Sciences||2|
|CI 417||Instructional Strategies, Assessment and Management: Literacy Strategies in the Content Areas||2|
|CI 435S||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods II - Sciences||3|
|CI 436S||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods III - Sciences||2|
|CI 461S||Teaching Internship II: Middle Level Sciences (15 weeks)||10|
|Total Credit Hours||39|
|PSY 111||General Psychology||3|
|STAT 370||Elementary Statistics||3|
|ENGL 315||Introduction to English Linguistics||3|
|or LING 315|| Introduction to English Linguistics|
|or ANTH 352|| Anthropological Linguistics|
|Total Credit Hours||9|
|Total Credit Hours||19|
Official Program Transition Point Requirements:
- Admission into teacher education - completed application packet and meet all admission to teacher education requirements as specified in College of Education - Policies.
- Admission to teacher internship:
- Satisfactory accomplishment of content-area, standard-driven assessments,
- B- or better in all professional teacher education courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall, WSU and content), and
- Completed teacher intern application.
- Exit from teacher internship:
- B- or better in all professional courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU),
- Successful completion of all degree requirements,
- Final university supervisor evaluation form.
- Degree completion:
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU), and
- Meets all degree requirements.
- Licensure recommendation:
- Passes common assessments,
- Passing score on Kansas Performance Teaching Portfolio,
- PLT passed,
- Praxis II content test(s) passed, and
- Licensure application.
Candidates completing this program are eligible to be certified to teach science — grades 5–8.