General requirements for Bachelor's degree: 126 minimum hours; overall GPA 2.500; major GPA 2.500.
|SPAN 220||Intermediate Spanish Grammar and Composition||3|
|SPAN 223||Selected Spanish Readings 1||3|
|SPAN 300||Intermediate Spanish Readings||3|
|SPAN 325||Intermediate Spanish Conversation||3|
|MCLL 351||Linguistics and Foreign Languages||3|
|SPAN 505||Spanish Phonetics||3|
|SPAN 525||Advanced Spanish Conversation||3|
|SPAN 526||Advanced Spanish Grammar and Composition||3|
|SPAN 531||Survey of Spanish Literature||3|
|or SPAN 621|| Survey of Contemporary Latin-American Literature|
|SPAN 626||Spanish Civilization||3|
|or SPAN 627|| Latin-American Civilization|
|Total Credit Hours||33|
|CI 270||Introduction to the Education Profession 2||3|
|CESP 334||Introduction to Diversity: Human Growth and Development||2|
|CI 320||Introduction to Diversity: Exceptionalities||2|
|CI 321||Introduction to Diversity: Cultural Issues||2|
|CI 325||Instructional Strategies, Assessment and Management: Middle/Secondary General Methods 2||1|
|CI 315||Core I Practicum 2||1|
|CESP 433||Learning Assessment and Evaluation Theory: Evidence-Based Instruction 3||3|
|CI 425E||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods I - English 2||2|
|CI 426E||Core II Practicum - English/Language Arts 2||1|
|CI 427||Philosophy, History and Ethics of Education||3|
|MCLL 411F||Preteaching Internship PreK-6 2||1|
|MCLL 413F||Preteaching Internship 6-12 2||1|
|MCLL 454F||ISAM: PreK-12 World Languages 2||3|
|CI 417||Instructional Strategies, Assessment and Management: Literacy Strategies in the Content Areas 2||2|
|MCLL 466||Teaching Internship PreK-12 in World Languages 2||12|
|MCLL 455F||Teaching Internship Seminar in World Languages 2||1|
|Total Credit Hours||40|
|PSY 111||General Psychology||3|
|STAT 370||Elementary Statistics||3|
|Total Credit Hours||6|
|Total Credit Hours||13|
Official Program Transition Point Requirements:
- Admission into teacher education - completed application packet and meet all admission to teacher education requirements as specified in College of Education - Policies.
- Admission to teacher internship:
- Satisfactory accomplishment of content-area, standard-driven assessments,
- B- or better in all methods, practicum and internship courses.
- 2.500 GPA (overall, and WSU), and
- Completed teacher intern application.
- Exit from teacher internship:
- B- or better in all professional courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU),
- Successful completion of all degree requirements,
- Final university supervisor evaluation form.
- Degree completion:
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU), and
- Meets all degree requirements.
- Licensure recommendation:
- Passes common assessments,
- Passing score on Kansas Performance Teaching Portfolio,
- PLT passed,
- Praxis II content test(s) passed
- Licensure application, and
- ACTFL Advisory OPI passed.
Candidates completing this program are eligible to be certified to teach Spanish — grades PreK –12.