The Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (BSET) program at Wichita State University is a hands-on program based on engineering technology fundamentals, engineering principles, instrumentation, mathematics, science and practical design principles needed to equip students for employment or further education. The focus is on current engineering technology issues and applications used in product design, testing, installation and maintenance to prepare students for careers in manufacturing, cybersecurity, construction, health care, education and technical services or sales.
The BSET curriculum offers four specialized program concentrations:
- civil engineering technology;
- engineering technology management;1 and
- traditional option
- hybrid option
- mechatronics technology.
In addition to the traditional option (face-to-face), it is also available as an online/hybrid option for coursework in the last two years.
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years after graduating from the engineering technology program, the graduates would have:
- Identified, analyzed and solved broadly-defined engineering technology problems in mechatronics, technology management or environmental sustainability.
- Engaged in professional development activities through training, certification or advanced degree in engineering technology or related fields.
- Demonstrated the commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
Sequence of Courses
The engineering technology undergraduate program requires a minimum completion of 128 credit hours for graduation minus advanced placement credit. Technical elective courses enable a student to graduate with a broad background in engineering technology with a focus in one of four concentrations: civil engineering technology, cybersecurity, engineering technology management or mechatronics technology.
For further program information, please visit our website, or contact:
Director of Engineering Technology
College of Engineering
1845 Fairmount Street
Wichita, KS 67260-0044
Phone: (316) 978-7758
Majors in Engineering Technology
- BSET in Engineering Technology - Concentration in Civil Engineering Technology
- BSET in Engineering Technology - Concentration in Cybersecurity
- BSET in Engineering Technology - Concentration in Engineering Technology Management
- BSET in Engineering Technology - Concentration in Mechatronics Technology