Bachelor of Business Administration
Candidates for the Bachelor of Business Administration degree must satisfy the following Barton School of Business requirements:
NOTE: If a minimum grade is required, it is listed after the course, example: (C-)
- Complete the Barton School of Business orientation requirement:
- Complete WSU foundation, general education, and any additional university graduation requirements. Business majors need either:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Select one of the following: 2-5 College Algebra (C-) 1 Precalculus Mathematics (C-) 1
- Complete advanced standing requirements and exams:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Select one of the following: 1-5 Business Calculus 1 Calculus I 1 ECON 231 Introductory Business Statistics 3 ECON 232 Statistical Software Applications for Business 1 BADM 160 Business Software (C-) 3 ACCT 210 Financial Accounting 3 ACCT 220 Managerial Accounting 2 3 ECON 201 Principles of Macroeconomics 1 3 ECON 202 Principles of Microeconomics 1 3
- Complete the college requirements for a major in the Barton School of Business.
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Select one of the following: 3 General Psychology 1 Introduction to Sociology 1 PHIL 105 Critical Reasoning 1 3 PHIL 306 Business Ethics 1 3
- Complete business core requirements for the Bachelor of Business Administration degree:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours MKT 300 Marketing 2 3 ENTR 310 The Entrepreneurial Experience 3 IB 333 International Business 1 3 FIN 340 Financial Management I 2 3 DS 350 Introduction to Production and Operations Management 3 MGMT 360 Principles of Management 3 MIS 395 Management Information Systems (MIS majors are not required to complete MIS 395) 3 BLAW 431 Legal Environment of Business (For accounting majors: BLAW 635 or BLAW 636) 3 MGMT 681 Strategic Management (capstone) 3
- Complete at least 50 percent of the total upper-division business credit hours at Wichita State University (excluding BADM 301).
- Achieve a grade point average of 2.250 or better on:
- All college work,
- All work taken at Wichita State, and
- All upper-division business courses taken at Wichita State (excluding BADM 301).
- Submit an application for degree through the myWSU portal before the deadline: October 1 for fall graduates, March 1 for spring and summer graduates. See — Business Advising Center website.
- Complete the Barton School exit survey (in the final semester at WSU).
Note: These courses may count towards the general education requirements. ECON majors may not use ECON 201 & ECON 202 for general education requirements. IB majors may not use IB 333 for general education requirements.
Some majors may have minimum grade requirements — see specific major courses.