MEM - Master of Engineering Management
To be admitted to the MEM program, applicants must:
- Possess an undergraduate degree in engineering, science, business or other related discipline;
- Have satisfactorily completed: MATH 243; and IME 255;
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.000, on a 4.000 scale. (Students with a lower GPA may be considered only for probationary or nondegree admission. In addition,
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official, acceptable scores for either the TOEFL, the Academic Module of the IELTS examination, or the PTE-Academic. Please visit the graduate school website (http://wichita.edu/gradschool) to check English proficiency requirements; and
- Department prefers and strongly encourages the submission of GRE scores.
Please note that:
- Some of the IME courses may require programming skills as a prerequisite.
- Some of the IME courses may require Linear Algebra or Calculus III as a prerequisite.
- Course distribution (at least 36 credit hours)
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Core Courses MBA 800 Fundamentals of Finance and Financial Analysis 3 MBA 801 Management & Marketing 3 ECON 800 Analysis of Economic Theory 3 IME 724 Statistical Methods for Engineers 3 IME 777 IME Colloquium (one semester) 0 CESP 750D Engineering Research Writing 1 Select one course from each of the following ISME concentrations: 1 12Operations ResearchSystemsProduction and Supply Chain AnalyticsQuality and Reliability Electives Select at least 11 credit hours of electives 11 Total Credit Hours 36
- A plan of study should be submitted during the first semester of enrollment and at least 60 percent of credit hours in a plan of study must be 700 or higher level WSU courses;
- The professional and scholarly integrity training requirement must be completed, preferably during the first semester of the program.
For a list of current courses in each concentration, please visit the ISME website (http://wichita.edu/ime).
MBA to MEM Program
Graduates of the WSU Master of Business Administration (MBA) program may be allowed to use up to 12 credit hours from the WSU MBA courses as technical electives if they enroll in the MEM program.
MEM to MBA Program
Graduates of the WSU MEM program may be allowed to use up to 12 credit hours from the technical electives taken from the WSU MBA courses if they enroll in the MBA program.