MEM - Master of Engineering Management
To be admitted to the MEM program, applicants must:
- Possess an undergraduate degree in engineering, science, business or other related discipline;
- Have satisfactorily completed: MATH 243; and IME 255;
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.000, on a 4.000 scale. (Students with a lower GPA may be considered only for probationary or nondegree admission. In addition,
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official, acceptable scores for either the TOEFL, the Academic Module of the IELTS examination, or the PTE-Academic. Please visit the graduate school website (http://wichita.edu/gradschool) to check English proficiency requirements; and
- Department prefers and strongly encourages the submission of GRE scores.
Please note that:
- Some of the IME courses may require programming skills as a prerequisite.
- Some of the IME courses may require Linear Algebra or Calculus III as a prerequisite.
- Course distribution (at least 33 credit hours)
Course List Course Title Hours Core Courses Engineering (select four courses) 12 Engineering Management Statistical Methods for Engineers Reliability and Maintainability Engineering Data Mining and Analytics Forecasting and Analytics Supply Chain Analytics Systems (select one course) 3 Systems Engineering and Analysis Lean Manufacturing Supply Chain Management Management MBA 802 Fundamentals of Accounting 1.5 MBA 803 Fundamentals of Finance 1.5 MBA 804 Marketing Basics 1.5 MBA 805 Management Basics 1.5 IME 777 IME Colloquium (one semester) 0 Electives Select at least 11 credit hours of electives with the approval of the ISME department 11 Additional Requirements CESP 750D Engineering Research Writing 1 Applied Learning See applied learning requirements below Total Credit Hours 33
- A plan of study should be submitted during the first semester of enrollment and at least 60 percent of credit hours in a plan of study must be 700 or higher level WSU courses;
- The professional and scholarly integrity training requirement must be completed, preferably during the first semester of the program.
Students in the Master of Engineering Management program are required to complete an applied learning or research experience to graduate from this program. The requirement can be met by completing one of the following options:
- IME 872, or
- At least one of the following courses: IME 780AJ, IME 767, IME 764 or IME 664; or
- 1 credit hour of cooperative education (or 0 credit hour cooperative education for students working full time).
MBA to MEM Program
Graduates of the WSU Master of Business Administration (MBA) program may be allowed to use up to 12 credit hours from the WSU MBA courses as technical electives if they enroll in the MEM program.
MEM to MBA Program
Graduates of the WSU MEM program may be allowed to use up to 12 credit hours from the technical electives taken from the WSU MBA courses if they enroll in the MBA program.