BAED - Earth and Space Science (Secondary)
General requirements for a Bachelor's degree: 120 minimum credit hours, overall GPA 2.500 and major content GPA 2.500. In addition to meeting the requirements of the WSU General Education Program and the requirements of the College of Applied Studies, students in the BAED - Earth and space science (secondary) must take the following courses:
|Requirements for a Major|
|CHEM 211||General Chemistry I 1||5|
|CHEM 212||General Chemistry II 1||5|
|GEOL 102||Earth Science and the Environment||4|
|GEOL 302||Earth and Space Sciences||3|
|GEOL 312||Historical Geology||4|
|GEOL 324||Petrology and Petrography||3|
|PHYS 111||Introductory Physics||4|
|PHYS 195||Introduction to Modern Astronomy||3|
|PHYS 395||Solar System Astronomy||3|
|BIOL 210||General Biology I||4|
|Total Credit Hours||41|
|CI 270||Introduction to the Education Profession 2||3|
|Teacher Education - Middle and Secondary Majors (need a B- or better in all courses below)|
|Core I - Fall Only|
|CI 320||Introduction to Diversity: Exceptionalities||2|
|CI 321||Introduction to Diversity: Cultural Issues||2|
|CI 325||ISAM: Middle/Secondary General Methods||2|
|CI 315||Core I Practicum||1|
|Core II - Spring Only|
|CI 425S||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods I - Sciences||2|
|CI 403||Learning and Educational Assessment||2|
|CI 426S||Core II Practicum - Science||1|
|CI 427||Philosophy, History and Ethics of Education||3|
|Core III - Fall Only|
|CI 413S||Teaching Internship I: Secondary Level Sciences||3|
|CI 417||ISAM: Literacy Strategies in the Content Areas||2|
|CI 435S||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods II - Sciences||3|
|CI 505||Science Technology and Society||1|
|CI 780S||Technology in the Classroom: Science||2|
|Core IV - Student Teaching - Spring Only|
|CI 436S||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods III - Sciences||2|
|CI 471S||Teaching Internship II: Secondary Level Sciences||10|
|Praxis II Science Content Knowledge Test|
|CAS 501||Teacher Licensure Capstone||0|
|Total Credit Hours||41|
General education course.
B- or better.
If preferred, this class can be taken with Core III.
|Additional College Requirements - counted as General Education|
|CESP 334||Introduction to Diversity: Human Growth and Development||3|
|ENGL 315||Introduction to English Linguistics||3|
|or LING 315||Introduction to English Linguistics|
|or ANTH 352||Linguistic Anthropology|
|PSY 111||General Psychology||3|
|STAT 370||Elementary Statistics||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12|
|Select 2 credit hours of electives (to complete 120 credit hours)||2|
|Total Credit Hours||2|
Official Program Transition Point Requirements
- Admission into teacher education - completed application packet and meet all admission to teacher education requirements as specified in College of Applied Studies - Policies.
- Admission to teacher internship:
- Satisfactory accomplishment of content-area, standard-driven assessments,
- B- or better in all professional teacher education courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall, WSU and content), and
- Completed teacher intern application.
- Exit from teacher internship:
- B- or better in all professional courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU),
- Successful completion of all degree requirements, and
- Final university supervisor evaluation form.
- Degree completion:
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU), and
- Meets all degree requirements.
- Licensure recommendation:
- Passes common assessments,
- Passing score on Teacher Licensure Capstone,
- PLT passed,
- Praxis II content test(s) passed, and
- Licensure application.
Students are required to complete an applied learning or research experience to graduate from programs in the School of Education. The requirements can be met by the following:
Students who graduate from a teacher education program must successfully complete an assigned field experience in an educational setting.