BAED - French (PreK-12)
General requirements for a Bachelor's degree: 120 minimum credit hours; overall GPA 2.500; major content GPA 2.500.
|Requirements for a Major: 30 credit hours beyond the FREN 210 level|
|FREN 223||Intermediate French Readings I 1||3|
|FREN 300||Intermediate French Readings II||3|
|FREN 324||Intermediate Conversation and Composition||3|
|MCLL 351||Linguistics and Foreign Languages||3|
|FREN 505||Advanced French Phonetics||3|
|FREN 525||Advanced French Conversation||3|
|FREN 526||Advanced French Composition and Grammar||3|
|FREN 552||Contemporary French Civilization||3|
|Choose two or three of the following courses for a minimum of 6 credit hours||6|
|Seminar In French|
|Medieval French Literature|
|Renaissance French Literature|
|17th Century French Literature|
|18th Century French Literature|
|19th Century French Literature|
|20th Century French Literature|
|Contemporary French Literature|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
|CI 270||Introduction to the Education Profession 2||3|
|Core I - Fall Only|
|CI 320||Introduction to Diversity: Exceptionalities||2|
|CI 321||Introduction to Diversity: Cultural Issues||2|
|CI 325||ISAM: Middle/Secondary General Methods 2||1|
|CI 315||Core I Practicum 2||1|
|Core II - Spring Only|
|CESP 433||Learning Assessment and Evaluation Theory: Evidence-Based Instruction 3||3|
|CI 425E||ISAM: Middle/Secondary Level Content-Specific Methods I - English 2||2|
|CI 426E||Core II Practicum - English/Language Arts 2||1|
|CI 427||Philosophy, History and Ethics of Education||3|
|Core III - Concurrent Enrollment - Fall Only|
|MCLL 411F||Preteaching Internship PreK-6 2||1|
|MCLL 413F||Preteaching Internship 6-12 2||1|
|MCLL 454F||ISAM: PreK-12 World Languages 2||3|
|CI 417||ISAM: Literacy Strategies in the Content Areas 2||2|
|Core IV - Teaching Internship - Spring Only|
|MCLL 466||Teaching Internship PreK-12 in World Languages 2||12|
|MCLL 455F||Teaching Internship Seminar in World Languages 2||1|
|ACTFL Advisory Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) - Advanced Low level or higher|
|Praxis Content Knowledge Test|
|Total Credit Hours||38|
B- or better.
If preferred, this class can be taken with Core III.
General education course
|Additional College Requirements - counted as General Education|
|CESP 334||Introduction to Diversity: Human Growth and Development||3|
|PSY 111||General Psychology||3|
|STAT 370||Elementary Statistics||3|
|Total Credit Hours||9|
|Choose 13 credit hours (to complete 120 hours)||13|
|Total Credit Hours||13|
Official Program Transition Point Requirements:
- Admission into teacher education - completed application packet and meet all admission to teacher education requirements as specified in College of Applied Studies - Policies.
- Admission to teacher internship:
- Satisfactory accomplishment of content-area, standard-driven assessments,
- B- or better in all methods, practicum and internship courses.
- 2.500 GPA (overall, WSU and content), and
- Completed teacher intern application.
- Exit from teacher internship:
- B- or better in all professional courses,
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU),
- Successful completion of all degree requirements,
- Final university supervisor evaluation form.
- Degree completion:
- 2.500 GPA (overall and WSU), and
- Meets all degree requirements.
- Licensure recommendation:
- Passes common assessments,
- Passing score on Kansas Performance Teaching Portfolio,
- PLT passed,
- Praxis II content test(s) passed, and
- Licensure application.
Candidates completing this program are eligible to be certified to teach French — grades PreK –12.
Students are required to complete an applied learning or research experience to graduate from programs in curriculum and instruction. The requirements can be met by the following:
Students who graduate from an undergraduate program must experience at least 600 hours of field experience/internship in various classroom settings throughout their specific program. In addition, all initial licensure students must complete the Kansas Performance Teaching Portfolio, which is an action research requirement for licensure.