Transfer Credit

Official transcripts of all work done at other postsecondary institutions must be submitted to WSU, usually during the admission process. For transcripts to be official, they must be mailed from the college or university directly to WSU. Faxed transcripts will not be used to evaluate transfer credit.


Courses will be accepted as transfer credit if they were not remedial and were taken at colleges and universities that are accredited by a regional accrediting body, such as the Higher Learning Commission. International colleges and universities must be officially recognized by the Ministry of Education in their countries for students to receive transfer credit. Transfer courses are applied toward graduation requirements in accordance with the policies of the WSU college and program. Some programs do not accept transfer courses with a grade of D. Vocational or technical courses only transfer as free electives, and often do not count toward completion of a specific program at WSU. An official evaluation of how courses transfer is made after the student is admitted.

Transfer Credit from Nonaccredited Institutions

WSU does not accept nor post transfer credit for coursework completed at postsecondary institutions that are not accredited by one of the major regional accrediting bodies.

Military Credit

WSU will award credit for military course completions from the Army, Marine Corps, Navy or Coast Guard based on ACE credit recommendations on the Joint Services Transcript. Credit for coursework from the Air Force will be awarded from the Community College of the Air Force Transcript.


Accepted transfer courses are recorded on the student’s academic record at Wichita State and appear in detail on the WSU transcript. Where necessary, transfer course titles are changed to agree with WSU course titles.