Admission to the EMBA is offered every two years. The next class will begin in fall of 2017. Good candidates for the Executive MBA program are individuals who are self-motivated and have the temperament to handle the demands of work, school and home and the willingness to make a 20-month commitment.
- Academic four-year undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, not necessarily in business;
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience, management experience is preferred;
- Ability to participate in and contribute to an intensive learning environment;
- Time and willingness to make a 20-month commitment to attend classes, study-group meetings and other required activities (including an international trip);
- International students are required to have a minimum score of: 570 (paper-based), or 88 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), an overall band score of 7.0 on the IELTS examination, or a score of 65 on the PTE-Academic.
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a first-come, first-served basis. Because only 24 students are admitted for each cohort, early application is encouraged. The deadline for application is June 1. For international applicants, the deadline is May 1 (Graduate School application materials are due by April 1).
Once all application materials are received, the required personal interview will be scheduled.
Executive MBA applicants must submit the following:
- EMBA Application (forms: A, B, C and D);
- Forms A and B are completed and signed by the applicant;
- Confidential Recommendation (Form C) two required;
- Acknowledgement of Responsibility (Form D) signed by employer/employee;
- Career and program essay that clearly articulates reasons for seeking admission;
- Current resume;
- Two official transcript copies mailed from each college attended; and
- A $75 application fee (nonrefundable) payable to WSU—EMBA.
Executive MBA Course Requirements
All students must complete 36 hours of coursework. Students progress through the program as a group.
|EMBA 800||Decision Making and Analytics||2.5|
|EMBA 801||Organizational Behavior||2.5|
|EMBA 802||Strategic Marketing||2.5|
|EMBA 803||Business Economics||2.5|
|EMBA 804||Operations and Supply Chain Management||2.5|
|EMBA 805||Global Business and Competitiveness for Executives||3|
|EMBA 806||Financial Reporting & Analysis||2.5|
|EMBA 807||Corporate Finance||2.5|
|EMBA 808||Accounting for Planning and Control||2.5|
|EMBA 809||Strategic Information Technology||1.5|
|EMBA 810||Organizational Investment Strategies for Executives||1.5|
|EMBA 811||Competitive Strategy||2.5|
|EMBA 812||Business Law and Ethics for Executives||2.5|
|EMBA 890||Executive Seminar in Special Topics||5|
|Total Credit Hours||36|