Admission to the EMBA is offered every two years. The next class will begin in fall of 2019. Good candidates for the Executive MBA program are individuals who are self-motivated and have the temperament to handle the demands of work, school and home and the willingness to make a 20-month commitment.
- Academic four-year undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, not necessarily in business;
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience, management experience is preferred;
- Ability to participate in and contribute to an intensive learning environment;
- Time and willingness to make a 20-month commitment to attend classes, study-group meetings and other required activities (including an international trip);
- International students are required to have a minimum score of: 570 (paper-based), or 88 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), an overall band score of 7.0 on the IELTS examination, or a score of 65 on the PTE-Academic.
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a first-come, first-served basis. Because only 24 students are admitted for each cohort, early application is encouraged. The deadline for application is June 1. For international applicants, the deadline is May 1 (Graduate School application materials are due by April 1).
Once all application materials are received, the required personal interview will be scheduled.
Executive MBA applicants must submit the following:
- Graduate School Application;
- Two confidential recommendations;
- Acknowledgement of Responsibility (.pdf downloaded from EMBA website) and signed by employer/employee;
- Essay (500 words minimum) that clearly articulates:
- Responsibilities of applicant's current position (business function, number of employees supervised, budget managed/sales figures, etc.);
- Career objectives;
- What applicant expects to accomplish through the Executive MBA program, including expected learning experiences and plans to apply them;
- Current resume;
- Two official transcript copies mailed from each college attended; and
- A $75 application fee (nonrefundable) payable to WSU — EMBA.
Executive MBA Course Requirements
All students must complete 30 hours of coursework. Students progress through the program as a group.
|EMBA 801||Organizational Behavior||2|
|EMBA 806||Financial Reporting and Analysis||2|
|EMBA 807||Corporate Finance||2|
|EMBA 803||Business Economics||2|
|EMBA 800||Business Analytics||2|
|EMBA 802||Strategic Marketing||2|
|EMBA 805||Global Business and Competitiveness||3|
|EMBA 809||Digital Transformation||1.5|
|EMBA 804||Operations and Supply Chain Management||2|
|EMBA 812||Business Law and Ethics||1.5|
|EMBA 808||Accounting for Planning and Control||2|
|EMBA 811||Competitive Strategy||2|
|Select either the Innovation Leadership Immersion or the Program Management Immersion option||6|
|New Product Development|
|Human Resource Management|
|Executive Seminar in Special Topics (chosen in consultation with advisor)|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
Note: New courses are being developed. Please check with an advisor for the most recent updates.
Students in the EMBA program are required to complete an applied learning or research experience to graduate from this program. The requirement can be met by completing an integrated capstone project. The project is an integral part of the program and concludes with presentations in the final class of the program, EMBA 811 Competitive Strategy .