BA in Political Science
A major consists of the following five required courses (15 credit hours) and an additional six elective courses (18 credit hours) in political science at the 300-level or above.
|Introduction to International Relations
|Political Data Analysis
|Select an additional six elective courses in political science at the 300-level or above.
|Total Credit Hours
The department offers the option for majors to graduate with honors in political science if they meet the following requirements:
- Obtain a 3.500 average or greater for the four core courses;
Course List Course Title Hours POLS 121 American Politics 3 POLS 220 Introduction to International Relations 3 POLS 226 Comparative Politics 3 POLS 365 Political Data Analysis 3
- Take an additional course beyond the introductory one in each of the four sub-fields (American politics, international politics, comparative politics, political theory);
- Take an additional 6 credit hours of political science courses beyond the 33 credit hours required for a major;
- Maintain a 3.500 GPA for all political science courses; and
- Receive an A or A- for the POLS 600 Senior Thesis capstone course.
Students who would like to be admitted to the honors track should contact the department chair.
Students in the Bachelor of Arts in political science program are required to complete an applied learning or research experience to graduate from the program. The requirement can be met by completing POLS 600.